Volunteers help the Weingart Center provide life transformations for homeless individuals in Los Angeles. We would love to have you join our efforts as a volunteer!
Our typical volunteer opportunities are Monday – Friday, 8-5. Helping to prepare and serve breakfast, lunch or dinner can be done based on the day of the week, including weekends (adults only). Liability issues preclude after-hours volunteer work.
If you are 17 or younger you must be accompanied by a guardian.
There are many ways that you can help us as a volunteer. Here are just a few:
- Organize a clothing drive at your office. We are always in need of new and lightly worn business attire, as well as shoes, new socks and underwear. Extra large and plus sizes are especially needed.
- Sponsor a client event like a BBQ or holiday party.
- Volunteer at one of our fundraising or client events.
- Participate in AmeriCorps Hope for the Homeless.
- Become one of our Weingart Partners, a group of individuals committed to seeking solutions to the problems of homelessness within our community.
We also welcome new and creative ideas for volunteer activities that will benefit our clients and organization.
For more information regarding volunteer opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com or call 213.627.5302.