– one of the most critical factors in getting people off the streets permanently. The workforce development program begins with a comprehensive assessment of skills and abilities. Clients then enroll in a three-week Job Club class which addresses resume and cover letter development, interview etiquette, grooming and hygiene, and customer service skills.
Clients then have the option of enrolling in several vocational training courses, including Custodial Services, Serv-Safe food handling certification, Guard Card certification, and Pest Control Applicator Licensing. We then connect them with a Job Developer who helps them identify and apply for positions suited to their skills and goals.
Stressing the importance of attaining personal employment goals and the benefits of maintaining employment, program clients are given the opportunity to train and enter into a growing job industry while receiving transitional housing and having access to a savings account and supportive services.
- Housing Services: Shelter, safety, three hot meals a day, hygiene supplies, clothing, and Life Skills classes
- Case Management: Individualized Service Plan, benefits enrollment assistance, family reunification, and financial literacy
- Workforce Development: Job Club, Clothing Boutique for job interviews, mock interviews, and employee training
- Clinical Services: On-site
- Recreation: Graduation ceremony, holiday parties, Al-impics
Click here to donate to our Workforce Development Program.
For more information, please call us at (213) 689-2130.