Women’s Renaissance – Employment Program
Women who find themselves homeless often find themselves exceptionally vulnerable, facing particular challenges related to their gender. Many have experienced domestic violence, sexual violence, and other trauma on the way to homelessness, and often are further victimized on the streets. That is when the Weingart Center’s Women’s Renaissance program can help.
When on the street, they are more vulnerable to assault and rape. In order to create an ideal environment to foster recovery from trauma, and the transition from homelessness to self sufficiency, the 10th floor of the Weingart Center is an exclusively female zone, where our Women’s Renaissance program provides 54 beds of transitional housing
This program provides housing for up to two years to women who are homeless.
Services provided include:
- Housing Services: Shelter, safety, three hot meals a day, hygiene supplies, clothing, and Life Skills classes
- Case Management: Individualized Service Plan, benefits enrollment assistance, family reunification, and financial literacy
- Workforce Development: Job Club, Clothing Boutique for job interviews, mock interviews, and employee training
- Clinical Services: On-site
- Recreation: Women’s Day, holiday parties, Al-impics
Click here to donate to Women’s Renaissance.For more information regarding Women’s Renaissance, please call us at (213) 833-5020.