The Weingart Center long ago realized that the biggest barrier to self-sufficiency for many people was permanent, full-time employment. We began with job placement assistance, and grew our program over the years to include employment preparation, vocational training, and a social enterprise that directly employs clients in transitional jobs. Our program consists of:
- Job Club: a three-week employment preparation curriculum that includes resume and cover letter preparation, job search techniques, interview skills, customer service skills, grooming and dress, and job retention skills.
- Vocational Training: The Weingart Center offers four vocational training tracks, three of which culminate in an industry-recognized certification.
- Boutique: Our clients are provided with professional clothes for interviews and work from our free boutique.
- Job Placement: Our job developers work hard to cultivate relationships with local employers who need motivated entry-level and skilled staff. They help clients identify and apply for jobs, and recruit employers for on-site hiring events.
- Retention Club: Our job isn’t done when our client gets one. We also support them in keeping that job and advancing in a career path with a peer-to-peer supportive Retention Club, which meets one evening a week at the Center.
- Social Enterprise: In 2011, the Weingart Center launched 360º Degree Solutions, a premiere pest management service provider that oversees professional training projects for homeless individuals who have made a commitment to succeeding at work responsibilities. After rigorous screening, training, and proper licensing, 360º Solutions empowers them to make a positive contribution to society through their work.
The GROW program provides employment and training services to people receiving General Relief (GR) to help them obtain a permanent job and become self-sufficient. GROW features a short-term, intensive job preparedness and employment search curriculum. Click here to learn more about GROW.