The Weingart Center long ago realized that the biggest barrier to self-sufficiency for many people was permanent, full-time employment. We began with job placement assistance, and grew our program over the years to include employment preparation, vocational training, and a social enterprise that directly employs clients in transitional jobs. Our program consists of:
- Job Club: a three-week employment preparation curriculum that includes resume and cover letter preparation, job search techniques, interview skills, customer service skills, grooming and dress, and job retention skills.
- Vocational Training: The Weingart Center offers four vocational training tracks, three of which culminate in an industry-recognized certification.
- Boutique: Our clients are provided with professional clothes for interviews and work from our free boutique.
- Job Placement: Our job developers work hard to cultivate relationships with local employers who need motivated entry-level and skilled staff. They help clients identify and apply for jobs, and recruit employers for on-site hiring events.
- Retention Club: Our job isn’t done when our client gets one. We also support them in keeping that job and advancing in a career path with a peer-to-peer supportive Retention Club, which meets one evening a week at the Center.
- Social Enterprise: In 2011, the Weingart Center launched 360º Degree Solutions, a premiere pest management service provider that oversees professional training projects for homeless individuals who have made a commitment to succeeding at work responsibilities. After rigorous screening, training, and proper licensing, 360º Solutions empowers them to make a positive contribution to society through their work.
The GROW program provides employment and training services to people receiving General Relief (GR) to help them obtain a permanent job and become self-sufficient. GROW features a short-term, intensive job preparedness and employment search curriculum. Contact by phone at (213) 833-5020 or click here to learn more about GROW.
Emerge provides remedial instruction as well as workforce development, onsite job training programs, and job placement assistance to help homeless individuals enhance their earning potential and successfully re-enter the community. Contact by phone at (213) 833-5020 or click here to learn more about Emerge.